Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Re: fungus disease of Kousa dogwood

Re: fungus disease of Kousa dogwood
Posted by: Ron Howe (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2007 14:56

Linda,

I'm sorry that nobody's replied to your query, but you have posed one of those ambiguous questions that might be impossible to answer. Given your symptoms, the first thing I would consider is a nutirent deficiency pointing to a potash shortage. How big is this tree? If it is a fairly large young tree growing in open ground you may need to consider that its the wrong tree for the soil conditions. If its a small tree in a container then you could try feeding. You can feed bigger trees, but this can be costly and will not ultimately cure the problem. Some Dogwoods like chalk soils others prefer chalk free ... I'm afraid I don't know Kousa.

Ron.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  fungus disease of Kousa dogwood Linda Edmundson 22/04/2007 19:15
||  Re: fungus disease of Kousa dogwood Ron Howe 27/06/2007 14:56
||  Re: fungus disease of Kousa dogwood Pete Hughes 27/06/2007 21:58

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.