Ask an arborist for tree advice

Re: Overhanding trees with TPO

Re: Overhanding trees with TPO
Posted by: stuart kidd (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2011 12:38

I am a Tree Officer, and can tell you that this is a very common question.

The confusion comes from part of the (Town and Country Planning) Act that states you can carry out works to abate a nuisance. Some people have interpreted this to mean that they can prune back any overhanging branches, but that is wrong. An nuisance must be an actionable or legal nusiance.

An example of a legal is if the branches were obstructing your use of a public highway.

So in short get an application form for works on a TPO tree and submit this to the council you pay your council tax to.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Overhanding trees with TPO PeterD 01/01/2011 18:57
||  Re: Overhanding trees with TPO stuart kidd 16/02/2011 12:38

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.