Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Re: oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house

Re: oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house
Posted by: Benn0700699 (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2019 06:47

Ok there are a few questions in here so I will answer then one at a time.

FIrstly I would go online and make an application before getting an arborist report. Only when council specifically asks for a report should you get one. If it is only remedial pruning work then I can't see there being a problem. Arborist report cost here.

An arborist report is generally only required once council has knocked back you application and want more supporting evidence from a certified professional.

You asked about distance from your house. 10ft sounds close. Most councils do allow trees withing a certain distance of your home to be removed without a planning permit, but it depends on your council. I would go to your local council website and read the exemption list of tree works allowed on your TPO, or maybe just call a local tree service and ask them. They will be up to date on the latest laws.

If you want to remove the tree I would get an arborist report before submitting your application to council. Ask them to do a SULE report (Safe Useful Life Expectancy). If the tree has been marked as a significant tree or heritage listed you might find it harder. Again it depends on your local council.

Hope this helps

Subject Posted By Posted
|  oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house living in harmony 30/04/2011 10:35
||  Re: oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house GD 30/11/2016 15:09
||  Re: oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house Carla DeBarro 13/09/2019 20:01
|||  Re: oak tree with tpo too close - 10ft - from house Benn0700699 12/11/2019 06:47

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.