Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Tall redwood with two trunks on top.

Tall redwood with two trunks on top.
Posted by: Peggy (IP Logged)
Date: June 06, 2013 14:25

I have consulted two tree trimming companies and received different advise. I have a very large redwood tree only 10-15 feet from two houses. It is approximately 100-150 feet tall and the top has two trunks about 10-20 feet tall. I have lived her more than 15 years and this tree has not been shedding limbs at all (although other ones on the property do), so it seems like a healthy tree. One company wants to cable the two trunks together to stablize the top while a second company says redwood is too soft for that fix and wants to cut the slightly smaller trunk down, leaving the remaining one to become a single top. Which option seems best?

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Tall redwood with two trunks on top. Peggy 06/06/2013 14:25

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.