Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Repairing damage to a mature apple tree.

Repairing damage to a mature apple tree.
Posted by: Stewart (IP Logged)
Date: June 08, 2014 01:17

Hello,

I have posted this question on a forum in the United States as I am from Virginia but I was met with hostility for even asking how to help my tree. Therefore, I thought I would try posting here and perhaps receive a more courteous response. I am trying to repair damage done to an old apple tree on my property. I would like to make this a smooth cut above the collar but, as you can see from the attached photograph, it is difficult for me to even find the collar here and to cut away enough of the branch for a smooth cut would, I think, cause an excessively large wound. Any helpful advise from those more knowledgeable than myself would be very greatly appreciated.

[i2.photobucket.com]

[i2.photobucket.com]

[i2.photobucket.com]

Cheers

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Repairing damage to a mature apple tree. Stewart 08/06/2014 01:17

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.