Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

TPo trees

TPo trees
Posted by: trevor (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2015 09:27

New houses are being built along my boundary. I have a row of TPO trees on my land and the builders have mapped out the root protection zones and kept the foundations beyond these limits. However, the branches of the TPO trees also reach to or beyond the root protection zone lines. Now the builders are asking the local authority for permission to cut the branches of the TPO trees back to my boundary.

The branches are causing no interference with building work but will be overhanging the gardens of the new houses. The developers were well aware of these TPO trees at the time of application and the possible contention of the trees was raised at the time in letters of complaint.

Do I have any rights to prevent this application for permission to cut back the branches?

Subject Posted By Posted
|  TPo trees trevor 05/04/2015 09:27
||  Re: TPo trees trevor 05/04/2015 17:00

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.