Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

How to prune a large Saskatoon tree to reduce its height.

How to prune a large Saskatoon tree to reduce its height.
Posted by: Gerry (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2015 13:05

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada. We recently purchased a home which has a Saskatoon bush beside the front porch. This tree is about 15 - 18 feet high and produces a huge amount of berries, however if hangs over the top of the porch roof, is way too bushy and unmanageable. I was wondering if this tree could be cut way down... (to about 4 feet high), and would it survive? I would like to save the tree, but would like to keep it to no more than 6 - 7 ft in height... Any advise would be appreciated as to how to prune the tree to get it to the desired height as well as the best time of year and how to accomplish this... Thanks

Subject Posted By Posted
|  How to prune a large Saskatoon tree to reduce its height. Gerry 17/07/2015 13:05

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.