Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Worried Maple Tree

Worried Maple Tree
Posted by: Tony McGartland (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2017 15:57

There is a mature Maple tree in my garden which is very healthy, in every way. The previous owner planted it and at least 20 years ago he dug tight to one side of its root to lay a series of concrete flags for a garden shed to rest on. This obviously had no impact up the tree as 20years on it is still thriving. Recently the shed started to fall apart with age so I removed it and upon inspecting the flags was surprised that they were absolutely level and showed no sign of movement from the tree. However, this side of the tree looks very exposed now with the shed down and although I plan on getting a new shed, would I cause the tree any disturbance by backfilling loose soil against and around it. It would mean soil to a dept of around 1' (300mm).

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Worried Maple Tree Tony McGartland 06/08/2017 15:57

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.