Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

blackening around sapling leaves

blackening around sapling leaves
Posted by: Matt Garrett (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2018 01:57

Hello! My partner and I recently moved into a new home in St. Petersburg, FL and wanted to plant a gift tree in the new yard to grow with us, but it doesn't seem to be doing well.
The tree is an eastern redbud, and we have had in planted in the ground for about two months now. The soil has been quite wet (I would say saturated) and the tree receives plenty of light. However, we have noticed a slow progression of blackness around the edges, and the smaller leaves appear to be wilting a completely dying. I do not see any signs of insect damage or fungal sign.
Any ideas on what can be done to save and help the tree flourish? I have included a photo for reference.
Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!
Matt

Subject Posted By Posted
|  blackening around sapling leaves Matt Garrett 13/09/2018 01:57

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.