Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Sycamore tree with TPO

Sycamore tree with TPO
Posted by: meaple (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2019 23:05

Hi All, I could use some advice from experienced arborists. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on verge of ignorance, but it's all new to me and not even close to my profession.

I live in Bedfordshire, soil type in my area is chalk/Soilscape 5: Freely draining lime-rich loamy soils - loamy (depending on maps used). Sycamore TPO tree is approx 50-60 ft tall, crown spreas between 39-45 ft, tree is located 9m from my front porch and 10m from main building. Building is 13 years old, timber frame end of terrace. 

I've noticed some damage to my drive (material tarmac, irregular bumps, no cracking) and property. Porch door and window frame crooked, cracks on brickwork coming down on both sides of windowsill (two of them further away from tree are 2-3mm, colser one is 1-1.5cm), 2 internal door frames crooked and some hairline cracks on plasterboard joins.

Can this damage be caused by tree root system?

Who I need to speak with to have it assessed?

What is approximate cost of survey?

What is deemed as safe distance for large sycamore tree from property boundary?

Is there any official guidance (when submitting planning application) for tree distance by type from property boundaries?

Can I build carport beneath TPO tree (in line with planning regs), or I need to get approval from Tree Officer as well?

What would be the best route to have TPO removed and tree replaced with smaller less intrusive tree? 

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Sycamore tree with TPO meaple 28/05/2019 23:05

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.