Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Whitebeam roots - possible subsidence

Whitebeam roots - possible subsidence
Posted by: Katie (IP Logged)
Date: July 05, 2019 10:45

Do you know how far the roots of a whitebeam stretch? Mine is 8m from the neighbouring property and I've been asked to take it down by their insurers who think it's contributing to subsidence on their property. However in their letter they've (mis)identified it as a cherry tree. It's about 9m tall.
There are two other trees in very close proximity to the property which will also need to be taken down (one smaller tree of mine and one of theirs) which seem far more likely to have caused damage than the Whitebeam. I'd just hate to lose it if it was just because the insurers were being overcautious.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Whitebeam roots - possible subsidence Katie 05/07/2019 10:45

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.