Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Pulms and Hollies

Pulms and Hollies
Posted by: Paul (IP Logged)
Date: May 31, 2020 07:50

Hi,

2 trees i have that have not behaved quite as i expected this year and i'm not sure if i need to do anything, and if so what.

we have a 9 foot plum tree (don't know how old as here before we moved here) that has delivered a tonne of plums the last 2 years. this year it didn't blossom, so i'm assuming no fruit at all. the tree looks very healthy and has plenty of foliage. is it just having a recovery year or do i need to do something? the tree has a pebble covered base by the way. if i need to feed, what should i use and how (bearing in mind the pebble covered base in a small bed)

we also have a large holly (over 15 foot - again don't know age), on which the foliage is looking a little yellow and sparse in places. it's had a bit of a battering the last twelve months as we live in a fairly exposed location and the have had a number of windy storms in the last 6/12. do i need to feed? similarly it's in a bed with pebble covering, so if i need to feed what's best and how?

many thanks for any advice.

Paul.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Pulms and Hollies Paul 31/05/2020 07:50

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.