Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Poplar tree roots

Poplar tree roots
Posted by: David Verbockel (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2020 20:20

I live in Des Moines Iowa and I have a Poplar tree in my yard. It is spreading suckers throughout my lawn. There is about 100 little trees popping up. I started digging them up and found that as I dug them up I would pull out roots about 5-10 feet long with multiple suckers attached. Is there a good way to stop this without cutting down the tree or do I have to dig up all the roots and try to kill them that way?

Please let me know what the best solution is.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Poplar tree roots David Verbockel 28/07/2020 20:20

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.