Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Help I think my coniferous tree is ill.

Help I think my coniferous tree is ill.
Posted by: Richard Humphrey (IP Logged)
Date: June 29, 2007 11:45

Hi all,

My wife and I bought our house Two years ago because it has a lovely garden with two of the most beautiful trees.

The one I'm posting about is an old christmas tree that the previous owner planted out in 1962. Recently, in the last three months the tree has started to go brown and shed needles from the middle out. The top third of the tree is still green, and the tips of most of the brances are so too. The ends of the branches look as if they are forming like big catkins or pinecones. The trunk is about 20" across at waist height, so you can imagine this is a big feature.

My neighbour has lives here for 20 years and says it has never gone thin enough to see throug, but now its very threadbare in the middle!

Please please help!

If anybody wants to see a picture please e-mail

Thanks in advance

Maricel and Richard

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Help I think my coniferous tree is ill. Richard Humphrey 29/06/2007 11:45

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.