Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Dying holly bushes

Dying holly bushes
Posted by: Brandon (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2007 21:33


I have (13) holly bushes (I believe they are Burford hollies though I'm not sure). They were planted by my builder 1.5 years ago. Each spring they turn almost completely brown and the leaves fall off. The problem seems to spread to all of them eventually. They do recover in the fall. One company told me it could be spider mites. How can I determine what's causing this problem? They are on the north side of my house and do recieve adequate watering. What's interesting is that some of the hollies have 95% brown leaves but the other 5% is very green. Others are about 50/50. Any ideas how I can correct the problem? Thank you.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Dying holly bushes Brandon 26/04/2007 21:33
||  Re: Dying holly bushes Dave 27/04/2007 09:29

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.