Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Problem tree please help

Problem tree please help
Posted by: CP (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2007 12:25

Hello - this is my first post as I was looking for help with a problem tree I have and I am a complete novice at gardening.

I have a tree that stands about as tall as a two story house with a diameter of the top of about 15m, 2 thirds of the year it has little or no leaves and the other third produces green leaves which turn red then brown and fall off - and also produces some red berry of a sort.

The problem is this tree is overshadowing the whole garden making it difficult to keep and also ensuring there are few sunny spots to sit in aswell making the whole experience unpleasant.
My initial thought is to remove the tree are there any alternatives to doing this as I am sure there must be?

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Problem tree please help CP 30/04/2007 12:25
||  Re: Problem tree please help chris 30/04/2007 16:56
|||  Re: Problem tree please help CP 01/05/2007 09:11

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.