Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

flowering cherry tree

flowering cherry tree
Posted by: Bernice Rippingale (IP Logged)
Date: August 20, 2007 12:50

I bought a flowering cherry tree 4 months ago. Now most of the leaves on the tree are brown spotted and shrivled, including the new growth. There are also little round holes in the leaves and they look as though something has been chewing them as well. on the old growth as well as the new growth. I have looked closely but cannot see any insect at all. I have sprayed the tree with a "bug killer" which is supposed to be for a number of different bugs and I have also tried a mould killer. I planted the tree in good soil and gave it plenty of manure. and given it seawead. It has also had plenty of water. It does have a lot of buds on it waiting to grow. Can you help me to help this tree to survive please

Subject Posted By Posted
|  flowering cherry tree Bernice Rippingale 20/08/2007 12:50
||  Re: flowering cherry tree Newt 04/11/2007 06:18

Before posting, make sure you have read through our tips on getting an answer and searched to see if your question has already been answered

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please enter the code that you see below in the input field. This helps ensure that automated systems do not post spam to the forum.
CAPTCHA
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.