Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Monkey Puzzle Tree

Monkey Puzzle Tree
Posted by: Greg Weiss (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2007 20:29

Monkey Puzzle Tree - Araucaria araucana. The tree was moved just a couple of Metres back in March for a planned pathway. The tree was/is a good 3 Metres tall, & all be it was smothered with other trees & shrubbery, looked very healthy. Digging out was performed carefully around the tree as to not damage the roots, but I was surprised how little root there was in digging it out? Approximately a Metre of the tap root was retrieved & all the other roots undamaged as they were shorter. Well packed in, watered in, & staked I hoped it would be o.k. Signs though started to show a couple of months later that the tree was in distress, now most ends are brown or browning & one & a half whole branches have browned. How can I help this poor tree, I hope I can as I would hate to think that at my hands it has fallen. Please Please tell me what I can best do to bring it back, or have I done it wrong or ... ?

Thanking you, in anticipation of reviving help, Greg.

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Monkey Puzzle Tree Greg Weiss 05/10/2007 20:29
||  Re: Monkey Puzzle Tree chris 08/10/2007 14:29
|||  Re: Monkey Puzzle Tree neil jackson 14/10/2007 18:15

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.