Ask an arborist

tree-care.info for tree advice

Poorley Elm trees

Poorley Elm trees
Posted by: Lisa (IP Logged)
Date: November 01, 2007 15:16

We took an allotment over in March which was covered in trees as was quite a proportion of the site. There were quite a few trees which I think are Elm trees which have been cut down. We still have the stumps of a few and we have saved all the logs for fires.

The stumps have started to grow again but the foilage looks like it has a fungal disease which looks like potato blight (which is what I thought it was - idiot !!), the allotment site suffered badley with blight this year. The logs that we have in a pile have a white growth on them.

So my question is - How do I idenitify the disease, if it turns out to be something like Dutch Elm Disease - what do I do ?

Lisa

Subject Posted By Posted
|  Poorley Elm trees Lisa 01/11/2007 15:16
||  Re: Poorley Elm trees chris 01/11/2007 17:00

Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.