Ask an arborist for tree advice

You are viewing an archive of old posts to the Ask an Arborist forum. New messages can not be posted here. Please visit the live forum if you wish to post a question.


Posted by Anthony , Sep 18,2005,17:18       Forum

I live in the New Forest Hampshire.
I have various conifere trees which act as a screen between my house & railway lines.
They are between 30 & 40 feet high, I am not sure of there age.
As they have grown & there branchs become longer, they are losing there density as there branchs spread out more.
I have been told that if I top them this would encourage dencer growth & new branchs to form from the trunk.
Could you please tell me if this is true, if not is there any thing you could recommend. Thankyou Anthony.

Current page


Advice offered in this forum is of a general nature only. It is by its nature not based on any site investigation and should not be relied upon. Neither the forum administrator nor any contributor will be held liable for damages occurring as a result of relying on advice given here. You should contact a competent arboriculturist for a more detailed answer.