What is RSS?
RSS (often said to stand for 'Really Simple Syndication') is a way of keeping up to date with websites that have rapidly changing content. RSS feeds may be viewed in special software known as 'News aggregators', using web based services such as My Yahoo and Google Reader, or using some browsers. Firefox can make use of RSS feeds to provide 'Live Bookmarks' and Internet Explorer 7 can use them in its feed lists. The BBC have a helpful introduction to using RSS on their site, or take a look at http://www.whatisrss.com/.
Using RSS on your site
RSS feeds can be used to provide content for your own website. Regularly changing content can increase your rating from search engines, and using an RSS feed from a site such as tree-care.info is a quick and easy way of providing regularly changing content on your site. Our feeds are updated frequently and with well over a hundred new messages on the UKTC each week rarely stay the same for very long.
The tree-care.info's content and RSS feeds are copyrighted, but we allow and encourage the use of our RSS feeds to provide syndicated content on other websites provided a few simple conditions are met.
tree-care.info's RSS feeds may be used on your website provided that
- The content of your site is legal and does not include sexist, racist or other intolerant material, nor pornographic or violent material or any other content which may, through association, bring tree-care.info into disrepute.
- You do not use the tree-care.info's RSS feeds for the purpose of criticising or ridiculing tree-care.info.
- You agree to remove any content derived from our feeds immediately if asked to do so.
A simple way to include a feed on your site is to use our Feed2JS facility, which allows you to generate a snippet of code that you can include in the HTML of your site: http://feed2js.raggedstaff.net/.
Below is a list of RSS feeds currently available from tree-care.info.
- UKTC latest threads
- The most recent threads on the UK Tree Care mailing list
- UKTC latest posts
- The most recent messages posted on the UK Tree Care mailing list
- Ask an arborist
- Latest posts to the Ask an arborist forum
An RSS feed is available of specific postcode searches for local tree surgeons. Read more details about the postcode search feed.
- Directory sites
- Links to arboriculture and tree care related directory sites.
- General tree care links
- Latest general tree care links from tree-care.info
- Other links
- Other links listed on tree-care.info
- Pick of the bunch
- A collection of the most useful links available on tree-care.info
- The soapbox
- Rants and raves about the trees, tree care, arboriculture and government policy
- Tree care consultations
- Current public consultations affecting trees and the arboriculture and forestry industry.
- Tree care forums
- Links to forums and discussion groups focused on tree care, arboriculture and forestry
- Tree care organisations
- Links to organisations concerned with tree care and the environment
- tree-care.info: Industry news
- Latest news affecting the arboricultural and forestry industries
- UK Tree Care
- The latest on the UK Tree Care mailing list