I've been asked to contribute to the following Local Development Plan topic
1. Biodiversity & Nature Conservation.
2. Flooding, Natural Resources and Pollution.
3. Built and Historic Environment.
For these topic papers I have been asked to:
1. Review international, national, regional and local plans, programmes and
policies re trees.
2. Review the baseline information on the current and future state of trees.
3. Look at data and monitoring to formulate targets and indicators.
4. Identify data gaps and limitations of current data.
5. Identify sustainability issues, which may or may not be planning related.
6. Identify planning issues that we want the development plan to address.
Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I thought I would canvass the great and
good on UKTC for:
A. Examples of good LDP/ LDF topic papers/ core strategy papers which
incorporate trees and green infrastructure issues.
B. Help with identifying international and national policies (apart from
planning policies as I have Planning Policy Wales and the supporting
Technical Advice Notes.
C. Help with identifying relevant data or data gaps.
D. What you think are the sustainability and planning issues we should be
looking at in our development plan.
Ideally I'm hoping someone out there has done all the hard work, however I
think it would be useful to discuss what we want out of development plans as
Thanks as always.
Moray Simpson M.Arbor.A, HND Woodland Management & Arboriculture
Community Wellbeing & Development Department
Wrexham County Borough Council
16 Lord Street
Tel: 01978 298763
Take a look - you can pay, report, request, have your say and find
information online at www.wrexham.gov.uk.
Save paper - think before you print!
This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. For full conditions in
relation to content and use of this e-mail message and any attachments,
please refer to http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/top_navigation/disclaimers.htm.
Mae'r neges e-bost hon ac unrhyw atodiadau wedi eu bwriadu ar gyfer yr
unigolyn neu?r sefydliad y?i cyfeirir atynt yn unig.
Am yr amodau llawn ynglyn a chynnwys a defnyddio?r neges e-bost hon ac unrhyw
atodiadau, cyfeiriwch at
The UK Tree Care mailing list
To unsubscribe send mailto:email@example.com
The UKTC is supported by The Arbor Centre