UKTC Archive

RE: Collateral warrenty for a contractor?

Subject: RE: Collateral warrenty for a contractor?
From: John Booth
Date: Jan 29 2019 13:38:26

Contact me offline, I can send you a letter of reliance, I charge clients for 

Kind regards,
John Booth MBA, MSc, FRICS, FICFor, FCIHort, FArborA, RCArborA,CUEW, CEnv, 
DipArb(RFS), NDArb, LCGI(Hort) 
Director & Principal Consultant, Chartered Arboriculturist, Chartered 
Surveyor, Chartered Environmentalist,  Arboricultural Association & Institute 
of Chartered Foresters Registered Consultant, Certificated Expert Witness 
John Booth Arboricultural Consultants Ltd., 242 Highfields Park Drive, 
Broadway, Derby, DE22 1JY. 
Tel: 01332 XXXXXX. Mobile: 07783 XXXXXX.  Website: 
Company Registration No. 6269847 
VAT Registration No - 937  XXXX XX
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Confidentiality Notice 
The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally 
privileged.  It is intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom 
it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.  If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, 
distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this 
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this email in error please return it to

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Bettina Broadway-Mann
Sent: 29 January 2019 13:03
To: UK Tree Care
Subject: Collateral warrenty for a contractor?

Hello all,
I have had a rather strange request come in in relation to a BS5837 survey
I did last year - copied below -

Your report has been included in their contract and they are concerned that
they are relying on your PI insurance for the report. They asked if you
could provide a collateral warranty. I have spoken to our solicitors who
have said that a collateral warranty can be provided if you agreed to this,
otherwise a letter of reliance in favour of the contractor would be
acceptable to the contractor.

I'm not really sure what they are asking, but shouldn't they have their own
insurances to cover whatever it is that they are worried about?

And as far as I know, surely my insurance would only cover me anyway?

Any thoughts appreciated.



The UK Tree Care mailing list
To unsubscribe send

The UKTC is supported by Bosky Trees arboricultural consultancy

The UK Tree Care mailing list
To unsubscribe send

The UKTC is supported by Bosky Trees arboricultural consultancy