UKTC Archive

Re: Civil cases for nuisance or damage to property

Subject: Re: Civil cases for nuisance or damage to property
From: Jon Heuch
Date: Jan 13 2020 12:03:18
I would term the damage of low value so 

I guess it would not be entertained by a court.


It is the parties to the court action that determine whether it is pursued;
whilst the court will insist on their procedures being followed it is the
claimant that pushes it through the court.


If the matter is low value, in England the Small Claims Court is the place;
no solicitors, no experts, but technical reports are likely to be necessary.
As far as I am aware, there are no public records of this court. I am not
even clear if the public has access, & you would need to be pretty keen to
hang around a court to find the small claims court & see if there was
anything of interest going on. You would probably die of boredom and
frustration & I am sure most people have better things to do.




The UK Tree Care mailing list
To unsubscribe send

The UKTC is supported by Bosky Trees arboricultural consultancy